An increasing number of hospitals across the world started to adopt 3D printing programs, aiming to improve quality, reduce lead times and to personalize patient care.
The 3D printing market can be categorized as medical implants, surgical guides, surgical instruments, hearing aids and personalized medical products. The medical implant segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate among all applications in the coming years.
While the benefits of 3D printing implementation in hospitals are recognised, the process is challenging in complex ways. At 3D Medical Conference & Expo (February 4-5) in Maastricht, during the 3D printing in (Non) Academic Hospitals session (February 5), the speakers will share their experiences: do’s and don’ts, how to start, multidisciplinary collaboration, legal issues and more. Below you can find the list of speakers during the session and the titles of presentation. Click on Read more for Interviews with speakers and more details about the presentation, speaker and their affiliation.
- Simon Vanooteghem, 3D Printing in Healthcare – Business Development, Materialise, on ‘3D Point-of-Care: What, Why and How’, Read more
- Vera Lagerburg, Medical physicist, OLVG (Onze Lieve Vrouwen Hospital), Amsterdam, The Netherlands, on “3D printing – from idea to clinical practice”, Read more
- Limor Haviv, Surgical 3D Printing Designer, 3D4OP / Tel Aviv Medical Center, on ‘The role of in-house surgical 3D printing hubs in hospital’, Read more
- Joris Ploegmakers, Orthopaedic Surgeon, University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG), on “3D Printed Custom Made Bone Solutions (clinical implementation)”, Read more
- Koen Willemsen, MD / 3D Specialist, UMC Utrecht, on “3D printing challenges within an academic hospital”, Read more
- Holger Jahr, Associate Professor, Uniklinik RWTH Aachen, on “Comparing biocompatibilities of 3D-printed absorbable metal implants”, Read more
- Chris Arts, Associate professor Translational biomaterials research, Maastricht University Medical Centre Dept. Orthopaedic Surgery
If you register for one day, you have access to all the sessions and presentations on that day, including visiting the expo.
3D Medical Conference & Expo in a nutshell: https://3dmedicalconference.com/event/3d-medical-conference-expo-in-a-nutshell/
Full program of the event: https://3dmedicalconference.com/program/
Registration: REGISTER HERE