During the 3D MedTech Printing Conference on 29 March the consortium will present the endresults of the Project and they will exhibit and show the several usecases at the exhibit. 3DMed aims to improve affordability and large scale accessibility of medical treatment using 3D printed devices. This will be achieved by increasing the TRL of state-of-the-art 3D printing technologies for medical applications and integrating them into a streamlined, fast, cost-effective software platform for use in routine clinical practice.
The main objectives are:
Objective 1 – Streamlining and integration
To streamline the various steps of the 3D manufacturing process and integrate the data flows with pre-planning and post-operatory evaluation;
Objective 2 – Technology development
Advance the TRL of metallic, composite and polymeric 3D printed medical devices;
Objective 3 – Validation
Validation: demonstrate the superior performance and ascertain the clinical benefits of the 3D printed medical devices developed in 3DMed.
- Data transfer protocols to link image acquisition, design and the manufacture (3D printing) of the device;
- Streamlined, fast, cost-effective software platform to connect design and production of 3D printed devices with clinical evaluation (pre- and postop);
- Functionalised, 3D printable polymeric, composites and metallic implants supporting bone reconstruction;
- Six demonstrators validating the superior performance of 3D printed devices;
- Two clinical trials validating the clinical benefits of 3D printed surgical instruments.
- Delft University of Technology, (Lead Partner)
- Stichting Materials innovation institute
- Universiteit Gent
- Association pour la Recherche et le Développement des Méthodes et Processus Industriels
- EXO-L B.V.
- Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center (International) B.V.
- Meridian Technique Limited
- Amber Implants B.V.
- University of Oxford
- Oxford MESTAR Limited
- 3D LifePrints
- Université de Lille
- Strategisch Initiatief Materialen
- Oceanz B.V .
- Avroxa bvba
- Reinier de Graaf Groep
- AZZENO/Cosmipolis Clinic
- University Medical Center Utrecht
- Department of Plastic Surgery, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Leiden University Medical Center
- CADskills BVBA
- Nelson Labs Europe N.V .
- DEAM BV
- Dassault Systèmes
- LATTICE MEDICAL
- In4care vzw
- Cousin Biotech
- Blue Sparrows MedTech Finance B.V
This project is supported by the Interreg 2 Seas programme 2014-2020 co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.