by Emanuele Paoletto, Orthomodul Lab Manager
Is digital technology changing the orthodontic practice?
Nowadays many procedures such as clinical acquisition and data processing take place using digital procedures.
Additive technologies, such as DLP are widely used to build, starting from digital files, dental models in addition to orthodontic and prosthetic devices.
The manufacturing techniques of orthodontic metal devices are also undergoing a major transformation thanks to the introduction of Laser Metal Fusion.
This presentation will show how these technologies can be applied to the standard orthodontic processes and to new applications in the field of orthodontic skeletal anchorage.
About Emanuele Paoletto
- Visiting Professor at the Postgraduate School of Orthodontics of the University of Ferrara
- Since 2015 professor of digital technologies at the Master Orthodontic degree of the University of Insubria,
- International speaker in Germany, Poland, Croatia, England, Greece, Portugal and Qatar.
- Author of publications on the international scientific journals like EJCO, JCO, AMJ-DO, ANGLE ORTHOD.
- He has lectured of orthodontic technique at the Postgraduate Orthodontics School at the University of Insubria, Aquila, Trieste and Ferrara
- Author of the chapter “The Bass orthopedic system” in “Handbook of Orthodontic Technique
- Co-author of the chapter “Orthodontics and implants” in “Orthodontic Technique”, published in 1997 by Ortec.
- Member of Editorial Board of Quintessence of Dental Technology.
- Co-ideator of MAPA System
- International member GK and OTA
- Past President Italian Academy of Technical Orthodontics
Orthomodul is a specialized orthodontic laboratory that has been present in the Italian orthodontic panorama for about 40 years. It was founded by Emanuele Paoletto, who has been working on skeletal anchoring for about 30 years.
Today Emanuele Paoletto is considered one of the leading experts in skeletal TADs and in the digital technologies applied to it.